Monday, September 24, 2007

One more thing to worry about

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The day started out great. I took Zorro to class and then ran a few errands. I got some items recycled and did some shopping at the 99 cents store. Then I got in about 30 minutes of exercise time. I picked Zorro up and went to drop something off at his pediatrician's office (needed to get a prescription renewed---one great benefit of getting organized is not finding these things out before it's too late). Then we called a friend and had lunch with her at McDonald's. I went home...

The dog was out of her cage. I checked around briefly and saw the living room and kitchen looked in great condition...which basically meant she hadn't gotten into anything. Then, I went upstairs.

Sitting on the floor was an empty box of donuts. Crumbs were scattered amongst the blue and gray fibers of the rug. I knew there had been two donuts left in the box...and at least one had been a chocolate covered one. Yeah. I'm thinking "Great."

I call the vet's office and am told to watch her. The amount of chocolate she ingested was probably nothing too serious. But, still watch for abnormal behavior...vomiting etc. She seems pretty normal right now. I'm just waiting for the clock to reach closing time. That's usually when she starts having problems and I end up having to take her to the ER.

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll have no ill effects and make a reminder to make sure the cage is locked securely to keep her safe from chewing gum, chocolate, and whatever else her daddy may have left lying out.

No comments: