Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Little Stinker

At Albertsons yesterday, people kept telling me how sweet my little boy was.

For the most part, he is. I'm not going to lie to you.

BUT (you knew there had to be one), you see, I think he has learned that being sweet when you are being naughty soooo helps.

So he is in one of those wagons for kids that is shaped like a car. He is "driving" and we are going down the bread isle. I see him pushing the breads back so I scold him. He has already been scolded several times for sticking himself out of the "car", warned that he would get hurt. I think to myself, enough is enough. I take him out and put him in the front of the wagon. I tell him that if he is not going to act like a "big boy" and doesn't listen to me, then he doesn't get to sit in the "car" like a big boy.

So he is sitting there, and now says "Mom, I don't know how to behave. Can you teach me how to behave?" and "Mom, I'm listening now" and of course "Mom, I'm sorry". All of this being said in just a sweet voice.

Little stinker.

And after a little while, mom lets him try again to be a "big boy". Can you say "SUCKER?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can...and I'm sure he can too! ;-)