Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Revelations

I am resolved to get cracking at my writing. It's the one constant in my life. Like an unrequited love, something will trigger a memory, and I will find myself back with pen and paper in hand hoping to fill the page with my creative musings.


I determined I have two things holding me back.

  1. I love to procrastinate.
  2. I have a bad memory.


So how does that equate to not writing? Usually my best thoughts, those brilliant phrases, storylines, come to me when I cannot grab a pen and write. I'm in the shower, doing the dishes, driving, or trying to sleep. I tell myself, remember, remember, remember...I repeat the words to imprint them on my brain...and I put off the writing.

It doesn't matter if it's hours or mere minutes. I will inevitably forget what I wanted to write. I may remember the gist, but I won't remember that most incredible compilation of words. And when I have my pen and paper, all I come up with is crap. I have tried carrying paper around and all my collection of pens (I have a pen fetish...it's not the expense or the look, but how the ink flows onto the paper...you understand...oh yeah, you don't have a f**t fetish, STU :P). And I hate the way my handwriting looks. Blah blah blah...but I am determined. This is my year to get my ass in gear (since I now have my ass in the right size) to get the writing started if not done. I will write more than 3 pages of my novel this year. I know, not much of a goal it would seem, but I've got lots of one page beginnings so to get to 3 pages would be a huge accomplishment for me.

Finally having lost the weight, having won the battle of the bulge(s), I feel empowered. I feel like if ever I was to get this done, it would be NOW!

Wish me luck!

No comments: