I haven't come up with a name yet so I'll consider any ideas for the new blog. Suggestions, please!
I started looking through my old ramblings, my "great" works and journal entries (the ones that managed to survive). I came across my "Gratitude" period. If you are an Oprah fan, you may remember Simple Abundances. The idea was that by keeping a journal and recording 5 things you are grateful for, you will find deeper happiness. (Remember, happiness comes from within.)
Here is my first list of "Gratitudes" from July 16, 1997.
- I am grateful for my friend YJG (who called me today after a 3 month period of no contact).
- I am grateful for my health and fitness which allowed me to pass step one of my physical (bringing me closer to my start of work as a rehab supervisor at LCOM).
- I am grateful for JM for his understanding of my needs to be alone; to pursue my own interests, have my own thoughts.
- I am grateful the dinner I cooked tonight tasted good.
- I am grateful that I can still smile and laugh and think/look for the good in myself, others, things, bad times.
So those were my 5 gratitiudes then. And the funny thing is... if you reread the above gratitudes except for the words in blue, it could be my gratitudes for today.
What are your gratitudes?