Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Out of the Mouth of Babe

If you have a child, know a child, ever watched Candid Camera, you know children say the darndest things. So this will be a collection of some words my son has said. I'll update them as more come out of his mouth.

"What it is"
He means to ask, "What is it?" but doesn't quite make it. So he says "What it is" and I just picture him as someone from the 70s ready to strut, wearing a beret, just another Asian brother.

"When I grow up I want to be a stop sign"
This came after the desire to be a firefighter, a train engineer, an ice cream truck driver... I guess he was having so much fun pretending he kept going with the ideas. Hey, I should use this to my advantage. Okay, time for you to be a stop sign. Stay still and don't talk! You be the best stop sign you can be! Mommy will support you!

"I love you, mommy."
Okay, I admit it. 70% of the time it makes me melt. The other 30% I'm thinking, "what did you do now? have you been naughty?" And I'm usually right!

1 comment:

Mr. Pendous said...

Which "I love you, mommy" would freak you out more:

One from the lil one in one of those he-must-have-been-naughty moments


If it came from hubby with all seriousness.

Never mind. Okay, that one was weird. You can delete this comment.