Friday, September 22, 2006

Just My Luck

It's no surprise that my 3 year old son would be into Disney's "Cars". He loves things with wheels...cars, trucks, trains, and more. As incentive for potty training we've been giving the small die-casts as rewards. Let me tell you it has been very difficult locating this little guys (specifically Lightning McQueen and Snot Rod/Boost). I didn't want the ones that you pull back and watch them do tricks. If I'm spending the money, I just want the plain old toy cars that won't break down.

For the last 2 weeks I've been searching high and low. I've searched Toys R Us. I've searched Kmart, Target, and Walmart. The only place I could find it was at a collector's store, priced at an arm and a leg and my first born child (okay, not my first...my second if I ever have one more). I even looked on eBay to comparison shop.

I discuss things with my husband and finally decided to buy the toys at the inflated prices, since I just can't find them elsewhere. My son has been doing an excellent job, and we need to keep up our end of the bargain. So, today I go to the collector's store to buy them. I buy them knowing that they are way over priced and that they have a no return policy for these types of toys. I know, huge risk. But, my son's worth it we figure.

I go to Target next just to look around. And yes! Wouldn't you damn well know it?! What do I see at Target with a "just reduced" price sticker on it? Did I see it the million other times I went to Target? NO! Both freakin' vehicles there! The very ones I've been looking for and just bought at 3 times the price. And no returns.

Yes, there is a God and she is laughing at me!

No comments: