Monday, October 23, 2006

Just Breathe

My son has asthma.

I discovered this on Friday when I took him back to the doctor's office. We had gone on Thursday because he had a cold and labored breathing. He received a breathing treatment and was given a prescription for liquid albuterol syrup. I brought him back on Friday for his recheck. I was told the syrup albuterol was not working too well. He received another breathing treatment and I would need a nebulizer for home. And an inhaler.

My son has asthma.

I spent Friday and Saturday running to all the pharmacies and medical supply stores in the area looking for accessories for the new nebulizer such as a pediatric face mask. I've come to the conclusion that some pharmacies and supply stores have idiots working there. My unit has a rectangular mouth piece. Most masks have a circular attachment. I can't tell you how many times I had to convince someone "A circle does not fit into a..." ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! Idiots!

No offense to you if you do not fit in this catagory. I did say "some."

So I finally ordered through one company that seems competent.

And now, after the hectic weekend of going hither and yon, after round the clock treatments every 6 hours, after worrying and worrying as only a mother can do, I've decided it is my turn.

I'm having a moment. Slowly.

Just breathe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you found the source of your son's problems. This can be managed! I'm sure you will be reading, reading, reading all about it in the weeks to come.