Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What did he say?

My son has quite a vocabulary in part thanks to his mom (that would be me) and television. At 3 years of age, he has been heard to say:

Making tracks to great destinations from Thomas the Tank Engine
Buffer from Thomas the Tank Engine
Boiler from Thomas the Tank Engine
Bossy from Thomas the Tank Engine
Hooligan from Fireman Sam
turn the page when you hear the sound -beep- from books on tape
frustrated
enormous
decorate
refinery (as in oil)
organize
actually
concentrate
recycle
flat bed tow truck
armored truck
delivery
stethoscope
emergency
instructions
tiller man (the guy who drives the tiller of the fire engine)
excited
appointment

I cannot say whether this is normal or not. I'm just trying to keep a record of his activites. In spite of the vocabulary, most of the times, mom still is the only one who can understand him.

2 comments:

Misha said...

I'm big on names and calling a spade a spade so he gets to learn stethoscope, otoscope and everything else. I got so upset when he first went to the dentist and the lady was telling him a story about the sugar bugs that were hacking away in his mouth (complete with pictures of these monster things). I was like, let's not freak the kid out. Sheesh! I've told him already we need to brush so he won't have cavities which will hurt. Sugar bugs! WTH?!

Mr. Pendous said...

My senior prom date had a helluva time growing up, trying to say in class that her dad is an anesthesiologist.